banner



Mini Pc With Pcie X16 Slot

[SOLVED] Cheapest ARM and/or X86/64 PC with a PCIE slot?

  • Thread starter MeeLee
  • Start date
Aug 27, 2014
76
8
eighteen,545
0
  • #1
Looking for a sub $100 arrangement, tiny, power efficient, with at least a PCIE 1x slot, or mini PCIE slot, preferably 4x or college if possible!

Small in package, low in power, just to drive a single graphics card (with or without riser).

NightHawkRMX
January 1, 2018
18,283
3,889
67,540
one,848
NightHawkRMX
Jan 1, 2018
18,283
3,889
67,540
i,848
Aug 27, 2014
76
8
18,545
0
  • #iii
I was actually looking for something smaller than a mini itx, and inexpensive, motherboard, non an entire pc.
NightHawkRMX
Jan ane, 2018
18,283
iii,889
67,540
ane,848
  • #4
What about an intel nuc babe canyon. They do non accept a full size PCIE slot, but yous could accommodate the grand.2 slot to a pcie. They besides accept a thunderbolt port you can adjust to a pcie enclosure (for a lot of money) The nuc are about $200 used since they havw kaby lake cpus merely they may demand aditional parts to work.
NightHawkRMX
January 1, 2018
eighteen,283
3,889
67,540
i,848
Vic 40
October 22, 2013
20,063
799
87,190
3,014
  • #6
Some names ,google those,
"ASRock J3355B-ITX"
"ASRock J4005M" (has four cores for if it matters)
"ASRock J4005B-ITX"
Aug 27, 2014
76
eight
xviii,545
0
  • #seven
Cheers,
I looked around, but at that place are too many incompatibilities with m2 ports, and graphics cards.
Starting from driver problems, to issues with cabling.

I checked out the fractal design node 202, their smallest case, merely it's nigh the same size as a Dell desktop PC, so I returned information technology!

In the end, I had to settle for this rosewill case:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004Q7J1S0/

It merely fits a single slot graphics card, but with some serious frankensteining, like cutting, bending and drilling, I was able to fit a Zotac 2070 Blower blazon of carte.
It all fits perfect, save for the motherboard, that needed separate mounting holes, and the backplate I needed to cut 1/2" of textile off.

I now own probably the first and only $fifty motherboard, $50 CPU, $50 ram, $24 SSD, $ten dual 8cm fans, $fifty rosewill example with a 2070 mounted in!
Even the CPU libation, I had to remove the fan, because it wouldn't fit. And then the CPU gets passively cooled, through one of the Example fans, and the PSU fan.

Information technology's truly a frankenstein monster inside, simply from the outside one can only notice some pocket-sized cut in the back,and a power supply cable pigsty on the top cover.

The residue looks totally stock; fits in a backpack.
If I try hard, it volition still have room inside for a DVD disk drive.

It runs absurd. CPU reaches about lxx-77F under full load; well within throttle limit.
GPU reaches 80F under 100% fan load and 175Watt. Once I start overclocking, it can reach temperatures of 85F with 100% fan speed.
I'm looking to drill some holes in the side of the case, for better airflow.
That GPU in an open up case, reaches 77C with 66% fan speed, or 66C with a 100% fan speed. So in a tiny example like this, it could get down by a good 10C the least!
GPU fan sucks air out of the case, and helps CPU to cool down by a few degrees, to 70-74F.

Overall it's a very stable system. Bang-up for gaming (100+ FPS heaven criterion).

I just wished information technology was a tiny scrap smaller. The size is good, simply information technology'south more shaped like a toaster than apartment; as the card and the motherboard are perpendicular, rather than parallel.

Aug 27, 2014
76
viii
18,545
0
  • #8
I used my Brix PC, and it does come up with 2x mini PCIE two.0 1x slots.
With a converter, I can convert information technology to a standard PCIE 1x/4x slot, and from there use full size, powered PCIE risers!

Thanks for the suggestions!

  • Advertising
  • Cookies Policies
  • Privacy
  • Term & Conditions
  • Topics

Source: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/cheapest-arm-and-or-x86-64-pc-with-a-pcie-slot.3428463/

0 Response to "Mini Pc With Pcie X16 Slot"

Post a Comment

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel