banner



Wait This Isn T Smash Bros

  • Welcome to Smashboards, the world'due south largest Super Blast Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come up to discuss these great games in over 19 1000000 posts!

    You are currently viewing our boards as a company. Click hither to sign up right now and start on your path in the Blast customs!

It appears that you are using advertising cake :'(
  • Forums
  • Past Smash
  • Super Boom Bros. for Wii U / 3DS
  • General Discussion

Isn't Blast Bros. supposed to be near beating the tail out of each other?

  • Thread starter Chez Thousand.
  • Start appointment
Chez G.
Joined
Oct 31, 2013
Messages
459
NNID
toomanygames64
  • #ane
(Main points are at the terminate of this thread in instance you lot don't want read my wall of text)

I'm not sure where I should post this, but hopefully this is the right place. Anyhow, I have recently been playing Smash 3DS and although I enjoy the gameplay and had my share of hype moments and what not, I experience somewhat express compared to Melee/PM. Like what Hungrybox said on the Smash Bros Reddit, Smash 4 feels like quick molasses. This isn't really proverb that Smash 4 is trash and Melee/PM is better, since that'south commonly depends on preference of either game (I personally like all of them). This is kind of difficult to explain, but bear with me.

Remember the commercial for the original Super Boom Bros?


Whenever I recall about Boom Bros or run across that commercial, I think of annihilating the contest by whatsoever means necessary, using my favorite graphic symbol of pick. This would ordinarily refer to playing on the offensive. Some people might say that the phrase "by whatever means necessary" can as well refer to playing on the defensive, but I'll get to that.

With Melee or Project 1000, I tin achieve this. There are many tools at my disposal such as dash dancing that gives a sense of freedom and fifty-fifty without dash dancing and other ATs, the physics of Melee or PM allow for a lot more movement. Although these ATs are exclusively used offensively, they can be used defensively also, such as baiting out an attack with a wavedash. I call up HugS is a good example of defensive play.


With Smash 4, I can get aggro, simply it seems as if defensive play is much more safer. I mean, shielding out of a nuance is practically a thing! Also, just waiting out an opponent to punish an attack is better than doing the attacking. I don't think defensive play is bad, since it pretty much balances out criminal offense. It'due south only that when I play aggro, the odds are against me, just when I play defo (Yeah, I made that up), everything's fine. That's just a fleck one-sided. This Reddit post should explain information technology better than me.

http://world wide web.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2qtq0h/my_2_cents_on_the_gameplay_as_a_semicasual/

Then over again, I just saw this video:


In the Smash 64 commercial, practice you see Mario, Donkey Kong, Pikachu, and Yoshi waiting for someone to make a error and then attack? No. They all went in on each other! You lot see, where I'm getting at is that going by that commercial, Super Smash Bros is offensive by nature. I thought the same would employ to non merely Melee, but every entry after information technology. I forgot to note that I have played Brawl shortly after its release and stopped to play Melee around 2012 (PM in 2013). In brusk, with Melee or Project 1000, you lot can play them in whatever way you lot want in lodge to accept down your opponent or opponents. That'due south what the Smash 64 commercial represents: beating the crap out of everybody in any way. With Smash 4, playing offensively is an option, but not really something to consider. Hopefully, I've explained this right. Information technology'due south kinda hard to word this explanation right.
Last edited:
Claire Diviner
  • #2
People complained well-nigh the aforementioned issue with Brawl's release. Secondly, this really isn't a proper topic to be discussed anywhere on the forum, let solitary the Debate Hall, every bit it could potentially spark flame wars like a tinderbox in a room full of lit matches.
Chez G.
Joined
Oct 31, 2013
Messages
459
NNID
toomanygames64
  • #3
Figures. I knew this would be difficult to put into words without starting an argument. I even so believe Smash 4 is competitively feasible (just look at the XSmash 2 video above), I probably just need to input more than time. Maybe I'm just a bit disgruntled at how people play in For Celebrity? On the bright side, I can switch between Melee/PM and Smash 4 just fine (probably because I'm pretty adept at both of them).
  • Forums
  • Past Smash
  • Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS
  • General Discussion

Source: https://smashboards.com/threads/isnt-smash-bros-supposed-to-be-about-beating-the-tail-out-of-each-other.384926/

0 Response to "Wait This Isn T Smash Bros"

Post a Comment

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel